The popularity of solar panel installation is skyrocketing across Australia as the cost of emissions to the planet becomes apparent. Installing solar panels on houses and industrial sites is a job made easier when you hire an Elevating Work Platform (EWP), especially an articulated boom lift or a scissor lift. These versatile and flexible elevated work platforms can boost productivity and safety.
Eliminate Risks during the solar panel installation
Using EWP eliminates many safety risks when solar panel installers rely on ladders or other high-reach equipment.
• Boom lifts and scissor lifts use hinged and scissor arms to position the platform into precise locations, allowing the technicians and their tools to sit comfortably and safely on the platform to achieve the height and placing as required.
• Awkward angles such as sloping rooves can be worked on accurately from the safety of an Elevating Work Platform (EWP).
• Slippery rooves, too short ladders, loose tiles or delicate skylights will be less of a problem when Elevating Work Platforms are employed.
• An articulated boom with an auxiliary power unit such as the Genie Z TM-34/22 IC allows safe use of power tools in high reach and vertical situations without extension cords.
Speed up the Job with an Elevating Work Platform (EWP)
Higher productivity without compromising worker safety is a prime consideration for any job. After all, time is money. Renting an Elevating Work Platform from Access Hire will decrease hours on the job.
• Two operators, their tools and their lunch can be carried in the articulated boom lift or scissor lift platform, which saves energy and introduces higher output levels.
• Your operators can use the same Elevating Work Platform to move around the site as they install the solar panels.
• Power units are part of the boom lift or scissor lift platform, allowing power tools to be used efficiently.
Access hire equipment service
Access Hire will conduct a site visit and advise on the best Elevating Work Platform for the job, choosing from a fleet of top branded JLG, Genie or Haulotte machines. Options include the JLG E400 series featuring the exclusive JibPLUS™ that has the ability to move side-to-side as well as up and down, offering enormous flexibility on the job or a Genie boom lift with an extra-wide rotating platform for installing solar panels on larger rooves.
Access Hire also has their own in-house transport division to ensure your EWP arrives on site on time and ready to go. Access Hire Elevating Work Platforms hire prices are very competitive and offer a cost-effective solution to solar panel installation around the metro area and beyond. Machinery can be delivered via the Access Hire transport division to your site and provide 24-hour spare parts and service at any location.
Ring Access Hire now to see their full range of EWPs and ancillary equipment – CALL 13 40 00